Friday, September 25, 2009

IMAGINATION STATION?

Let's see, yesterday I got a call from Becky saying that she had taken Mom to Golden Corral for lunch and she had tried to pay with some of the coin collection. When I got home, I asked her about it and she totally denied it. When Becky "reminded" her, she admitted that she had. We had more than a 30 minute inane tug of war about how she can't spend those coins, she has to give them to me (I have confiscated what I could find). Mom refused saying among other things that Dom had given them to her and that he wanted the children to have them. She said that he would put money for the children and tell them to take it to buy what they needed. I played along and said that if they were in her room and she spent them, they were not in a safe place and I needed to put them away in a safe place for the children. She insisted that she did not have any coins. I let it go until Joe got home. After some dinner, Joe and I spoke briefly to her about the coins but got nowhere. Mom went to her room and Joe went to start the dishwasher. Moments later he yelled for me and by the time I got there he had Mom off of the floor with a bleeding arm. She checked out okay so I bandaged her forearm where she had scraped some skin off and took the occasion to search in some places in her room while talking about keeping the coins safe for the children. Did not find anything. She is good! Today she explained to Becky that she was chasing someone out of her room and Heidi got under her feet causing her to fall. Okay, there was no one in her room and Heidi was in her kennel asleep. Did she believe that and she was hallucinating or is that creative ad lib, make it up as she goes along part of her brain still active? Who knows? If nothing, she is entertaining!

I think I have most of the coins, but yesterday when we were in her room, Mom talked about a man who had been here and wanted to buy the coins. She talked about a woman who said she would take the coins to the bank. At this time, I have no idea if there is anything misssing, I never suspected there might be. The coins have been on a high shelf in Mom's closet since she got here. Again, where are these stories coming from? It is totally possible that Janice had a part in it if anything is missing and she may have involved someone else. I am learning more about Janice all the time. Mom's stories are just pieces of information with some wierd words tht we try to figure out. They could be pieces of truth. The unfortunate thing is that there really might be some coins missing and Mom may have given them away because I kept them in the closet instead of a safe deposit box or something. Now I have to figure out how to keep them safe for the children. Hmmm

1 comment:

Motorcycle grandma said...

Manipulation is a difficult thing to see comming or happening - often until it's too late. Sadly, you could be right about Janice.