Friday, April 2, 2010

Where Did I Leave Off?

Mom and I spent Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday in the hospital. By Monday, she was much improved after getting her medication - by hook or by crook and yes, once by frustrated force on my part. I arranged to have her transported on Monday to a Rehab and nursing facility that has an Alzheimer's unit to get her land legs back and her medications stable. She is being evaluated by a psychiatrist to adjust/change her medications and is doing remarkably well. So well, that I am not stopping by everyday to see her but speak by phone to the charge nurse or doctor when I do not go.

The task now is to find long term Medicaid placement for Mom where she will get her needs met as she declines. I have arranged a visit to one facility for this afternoon and will arrange more in order to find the right place. I do not look forward to doing this again.

That is where we are today. But the story is not over yet, so I hope you will stay with us in spirit. In this case, NO NEWS is probably not GOOD NEWS. It means that I am probably too busy to update you but I will get to it eventually.

In the meantime, my prayers are with all of you for a Blessed and Peacefilled Easter!

No comments: