Saturday, January 3, 2009

Chuckles

I am still chuckling! First, thank you all for your comments. Aunt Dolly, you described my life! I am sure you can picture me smelling her pants and checking the fronts of her tops for her dribbles!

And today! Mom got up and had breakfast and went back to bed. She did this several times, not getting dressed. At one point, I thought she was going to get dressed so I put clean panties and a pad on her bed, telling her that I did so. She did not get dressed after all but went back to bed. About 1:00 or so, Mom was up moving around in her room when Joe called her to lunch. When she did not respond, I went to her doorway and saw her tucking something under her mattress! She did not see me and came out for lunch within moments. While she was distracted, I snuck into her room to see what she had hidden. Any guesses? Her clean panties and the pad that I had put out for her! I could hardly contain my giggles and I have been amused by it all day. When I told her it was time to get dressed for church, she finally got out of her pajamas. I never did mention it to her - I just let her get dressed. Mom has hidden them before - under the towels in the cupboard, under clothes in her pajama drawer... I will never figure this out. Mom has no idea most days what her name is, or mine, or who any of you are - but this devious part of her brain is in tact!! Go figure!

Mom had a great lunch with her friends yesterday. They all went to Babe's for chicken and then to a consignment craft place where Mom bought a few odds and ends that pleased her.

And her Saturday ended with mass and strawberry topped pancakes at IHOP. Picture this too. Mom scrutinized the menu and ordered last. Finally she pointed to the Buttermilk pancakes and ordered three of them. When the waitress asked her if she wanted strawberries on them, she said yes, of course. Mom gets the same thing every week - but tonight she ordered off of the menu ? And got the same thing!

It's 10:00. Enough cheap entertainment for today. Tomorrow is another chuckle waiting to happen. "Chuckles" Does anyone use that word anymore?

4 comments:

Motorcycle grandma said...

Chuckles? Isn't that a clown?

Deena said...

Chuckles? Clown? Doesn't that describe mom and the whole family?

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody, was glad to see Sonya and Sheila sign on.

I have been trying to get Aunt Joyce to sign on. But so far, no luck.

OK, everybody another week end gone by and I'm getting ready to have Judy here for about 3 months. I can't wait.

Cheryl,I can't promise, but I would love to take a road trip to your house while she is here.

RaymondB said...

ray has been reading this with me and we both admire your patience. I'm so glad that you can find humor and joy in the day to day moments. It is precious time with Marge. Keep it up and we'll keep in touch!