Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just a little more drama in Texas...

Thank-you to those who suggested a name for the soap opera. Honestly, I had totally forgotten about Another World! And I liked that one with Rachael and Mac! Anyway, I know I had something to tell you all yesterday, but I cannot remember what it was, being overshadowed I am sure by more recent events. Janice and I spent the morning in the ER with Mom. Last night as she went to her room after a snack Mom had another seizure. I did not follow her into her room and did not realize it until I heard her call for me over the monitor. By the time I got in there, she was on her left side just inside the doorway and had vomited. It took about 5 minutes for her to come around enough to respond to us as we attempted to assess her and decide whether to call an ambulance. After some time when she thought she was ready to get up and we had poked, prodded, questioned and wiped her off a little, Joe and I were able to get her to a chair where I cleaned her up more and got her clothes off of her while Joe began cleanup on the floor. Mom was still dazed but did not respond as though she was in pain so we got her to bed and monitored her off and on until I finally quit going into her room or listening to the monitor and finally fell asleep. This morning, Mom could not get out of bed without extreme pain on her left side. It brought tears to her eyes to turn enough to get out of the bed. Janice and I did manage that and did further assessment. I had Mom eat a little breakfast and take a pain pill that the doctor had prescribed two weeks ago for her back. An hour later when I was ready for work and Mom had finished breakfast, she was still in extreme pain - a little after 8 a.m.. We got her painfully into the car and to All Saints ER where she was totally checked - ex rays, blood, lungs, etc. And oh yes, she was given a little bit of morphine to help with the pain. By 11:30 the doctor had determined that she had nothing broken but was pretty well bruised at her hip and knee. We were home by noon after having driven through Wendy's for a large Frosty! She was not feeling much of anything and was, in fact in a great mood. By the time I got home from work this afternoon, she had told Janice that she loved her. (Janice would like to include a touch of morphine in her medications everyday.) Mom is at this moment, sitting outside enjoying our nice spring day. All is well that ends well! Today maybe we were General Hospital? Or The Doctors?

1 comment:

Motorcycle grandma said...

I hope Janice is reading this, cuz I love her too! And I'm not even on morphine. I've never met her, but she seems like an amazing person from what I read here.