Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Slow Saturday

Still recovering from that fall. Nothing was broken but she is still having trouble with her left knee. You know, I just don't know how much is drama and how much is pain. It appears that when no one is looking, she bops around with no problem. But give her a little intention, and she hobbles and rubs her leg. At any rate, I have decided that she will not go to church tonight for two reasons: if it really is painful, she should not be on it; if it is drama, she won't have an audience. I informed Mom moments ago that she would be staying home and she is a little confused. She has not had her shower yet today because I did not think we needed to manage that. Last night we took her to DQ for ice cream and she had difficulty getting in and out of the car and was slow going into the store and coming out. But she was in no pain when she was socializing with everyone and hovering over a little boy. Just trying to figure her out. I am giving her a pain pill about every 6 hours because I know that she has to be hurting - how much I do not really know.

One other note: since the seizure and fall, Mom does not recognize Janice as the caregiver prior to the hospital. When I got home Thursday from work, Mom was holding Janice' hand and telling her she loved her. She told Janice that she did not like the other person and was glad she was gone. So, we haven't told Mom the truth and have avoided using Janice' name.

I know this is all just random stuff today. But by the time I get it all figured out, I'll have Alzheimer's and will have forgotten what I came up with! So I hope that someone is taking notes and will use the information when they are blogging about me someday. Of course, blogging will probably be as out of date by then as an electric typewriter is today! That will be their issue!

2 comments:

Beaver said...

Taking notes. And will easily adapt to future modes of technology. Love you. :)

Motorcycle grandma said...

Random stuff is good for us to hear-the day to day thoughts you are trying to process. It gives us a better understanding when you write about the drama and trauma as you experience it. Thank you and I love you.